SERIES this is shaping up to be! WOW! WOW! WOW! I have had the BEST two days going to the games this week! Both games wonderful, but so different; however, with the same fabulous and much earned end result. I sit here right now, remaining a super proud Giants fan. We are up on Detroit 2 games to zip in a best of 7 show. We are half way there and no we are not living on a prayer- we are living on talent. Our team ROCKS!
Yesterday was a super fun game. Brynn was dropped off at my house early, so I decided to pack up the day and catch an earlier train and I'm so glad we did because we needed every single of those extra 30 minutes! I fixed her up with tattoos on her face and we took a few pictures, then boarded the train for SF. This was her first train ride, which surprised me! She was very excited and on the train I painted her nails black leaving the ring finger unpainted so that the orange "SF" tattoo would show up. We got to the park, went "shopping" which was a nightmare, but we managed to pick out something for Brynn, her brother and sister and we watched the line up announcements, the National Anthem, Fly-over all from the TV in the Dugout store because we were there THAT long. We got to our seats in time for the 2nd pitch. I was bummed, but I'm a big girl- I got over it quickly. The Giants were on fire right away. It was clear that Zito was ON with his pitching and then the bats showed up. Such an exciting game and I'm so happy that it was exciting for Brynn. Pablo Sandoval made history and joined only 3 others who have hit THREE HOMERUNS in a single World Series game. He's right up there with THE BABE! Seriously, he hits one and we're excited, he hits a second and we're excited and then his third at bat, I jokingly said "THREE-PETE" and he did.
Overall, a great game, lots of excitement, lots of cheering and lots of energy. Brynn soaked it all in and she waved her rally rag proudly and a little recklessly. I made sure to keep my left eye closed so that I wouldn't lose my left eye! She would come up with some pretty funny "hollers"...at one point she yells to the umpire "are you kidding me?"..some of the people around us just turned and looked at her and smiled with a chuckle. She's holler out "c'mon Timmy" or "strike him out" or "one more strike"...it was really very adorable. Giants won this game 8-3 and there was a lot of great defense as well. The Tigers star pitcher didn't show up or if he did, he's not quite the star that he's supposed to be.
Tonight's game was so different and I am so happy that Brynn got to go last night. Tonight's game was also a WIN...2-0 and the two runs came very late in the game. It was a battle of pitchers- both pitching an amazing game, not a lot of offense- which for a 10 year old's first game could be viewed as boring. From my perspective, it's still a GREAT game. My brother and I had a great time and both were a bit sad that it was probably our last game of the year. If for some reason the Giants do not win 2 more in Detroit, there would be a game 6 and/or game 7 in SF next week. I don't have any extra tickets and I did draw names from my group and my name was not pulled. So it was my last game for the year at the park! Great energy, so much fun- I love my Giants!!
I will be watching them diligently on the TV this weekend and I'm packing my rally rag for CT, and I plan to use it. All I packed are clothes that are Orange and Black, I intend to live in those clothes all weekend long. Go GIANTS!
My mom called me tonight after the game and she was so excited that they won. I think secretly she didn't believe that the Giants were going to beat the Tigers and there are still up to 5 more games to play, but they are doing wonderfully. I spoke to her for a little bit and she seemed to be "ok" with me going away. I know she's going to miss my daily visits, but I have tried to line things up while I am gone. I have a variety of people set up to visit her- starting tomorrow with my hairdresser who is going to go and give her a haircut...my brother will be able to visit over the weekend and I have another friend stopping by on Monday. Might have one other friend stopping by on Saturday. Hoping.
Of course, the other shoe has dropped. Mom fell this morning in her bathroom at the nursing facility. Seems her non-slip sock didn't quite do the trick, but she's ok. She has cuts/bruises/scratches but nothing is broken, thank God! She does have a minor case of Pneumonia, but they are not going to treat it because that would mean antibiotics and we know what that will do! The treatment for her is to exercise, sit up and walk around and do her breathing and coughing exercises.
Off to NYC/CT in 7 hours, up in 4...must sleep now!

No comments:
Post a Comment