Saturday, June 30, 2012

Things are getting a little bit better....

One step at a time and life will return to some form or shape that resembles "normal" for me.   Mom was discharged from the Palo Alto Nursing facility on Tuesday.  She had a follow up appointment with Dr. Gillon and the toe healing process is looking very good, she may start to remove some stitches next week.   She then had a hair appointment, getting herself all ready to return "home" to Woodside Terrace.   I am happy to report that mom seems to really like her new apartment.  I think she is very happy to be reunited with her "things" and has been working furiously since arriving to unpack knick knacks and put them in place.  Yesterday, she asked me to bring a hammer so that she could hang a few little things.  She's so proud of herself and her progress in getting her apartment ready.   She is cleaning out clothes and shoes so that she doesn't keep anything that she will really never use, so that will free up some much needed space.   She is doing a lot of walking to/from the dining room area and the activity room, so she is definitely getting her exercise.  In her apartment, she walks around without any assistance.  It's really quite amazing.   Today her leg and foot were a bit swollen- not terribly, but enough to notice so I called her Doctor and she advised to try the water pills that we had on hand and give it the weekend to see how it goes- if it's still swollen on Monday, then they will want to see her I suppose.   I am hoping that it's just some water build up from being on her feet for so much all of a sudden.   Gosh, hate to tell her to slow down when she is having so much fun doing things.

We met her neighbor across the hall, a very nice woman by the name of Marianne.  She is probably a few years younger than my mom- but she goes to St Pius and goes to the Senior Center.  I think that she and mom could become good friends.  I think mom is now starting to feel more at home with the activities and seeing that there are some very independent people at Woodside Terrace and she is one of them.  All in all, it is going well for her at this point and I hope and pray that this continues.

My brother is hanging in there, he still has not definitive word on when he'll get his money from the house sale, so until he knows when and how much, he remains in limbo not really knowing what the next step will be.   He is looking at options and seeing what his best plan will be once that is determined, but damn the guy has just had so many hits- it's about time for things to really start turning around for him!   Winning the lottery about now would be a very good thing!   We are all living pretty well under one roof right now.  Dealing with some neighbors who are a bit upset that parking is hard to come by in the "guest spots" because many residents are not following the parking rules- well we are breaking the rules by taking up 3 spots at night- but I've really had the mind set of "I really don't give a shit" because I have followed the rules for 10 years and watched many abusers over the years - this is an exception, it's not forever, it's a temporary thing.   At some point, we'll have to do something different - but like I said, I'm not the first nor will I be the last to break parking laws around good old Kentfield Manor.  Bottom line, nobody is going to enforce the rules- and paying someone to do it is not a responsible choice.   We are definitely at a shortage for parking around here, so what you going to do when you can't get parking on the street, but there is a vacant guest slot?  Easy decision.   Just one more reason as to why we need to get the heck out of here and build our own house someplace.   Tired of all the HOA bullshit!

Life has been super busy the past couple of weeks.  We had an amazing time in Vegas this past weekend with Jamie, Jacqui, Michael & Patrick.  Lots of fun, great weather- quality pool time.  I was a happy girl.  I think Bill had a good birthday as well!    Work has been busy and I have been subbing a lot of classes at the gym.  Getting ready to launch Body Pump 82 tomorrow at Gold's and Sunday at the JCC...I think I'm ready and it's a great release.  I'm already sore thinking about it!   I will be crippled by next weekend- I can't even count, but other than the 4th of July, I am teaching Body Pump everyday through next Saturday!  I think it's some crazy 9 classes in 7 days!  Sucks that PAC has not launched the new releases, so when I sub there this week I'm going to have to pull out older choreography from the memory banks.  That should be fun!

Anyway, off to bed so I can dream of Body Pump music.  If I can get up early I plan to go to 24 Hour Fitness in Sunnyvale to take pictures of my friends launching Body Pump 82 on a huge stage to a room of 100 participants.  Kristy & Orna are team teaching with the one and only Steven Renata, I have to say that I am a bit jealous.  It really sucks that 24 hour is getting all of these Les Mills formats and that I am not employed there anymore.  It is where I started with Body Pump 12 years ago and I left because of inadequate pay, lack of raises after many requests and it didn't help matters that they had dropped Body Pump after having been with the club for about 3 years!   I was devastated and back then there simply were no clubs nearby with Body Pump.  Interesting how things work out.

Ok- time for zzzzzzzzzzz's

No comments: