Thursday, May 17, 2012

Changes up ahead...hopefully nothing but positiveness!

It has been a very eventful two weeks and even though I was gone for 8 days on "vacation", I am still very exhausted.  Bill is exhausted as well, so I think in part it is allergies- we are never plagued with allergies when we are away, but as soon as we return home they flare up!   But it was an exhausting vacation, but I did manage to find some balance to enjoy the cruise, enjoy the conference and get some rest.   We danced every night, we saw every show, we had about 4 days out in the sunshine, we slept in every morning, never once making it to breakfast- which is typical since most nights we were going to bed around 2-3am!  The Oasis of the Seas was awesome and I can't wait to cruise on her or Allure of the Seas again.  I have yet to write my review, hopefully this weekend I will have a chance to get that done.

Since being back, work has been crazy and add to that multiple doctor appointments this week for mom, which entails driving to S.F. to pick her up, back to RWC for the appointment, back to S.F. to drop her off and then finally back home in RWC.   As a result, I've been staying up late to get work done, albeit not too successfully when supplier sites go down for maintenance at these hours.  I was so exhausted that I crawled into bed around 5pm today and was knocked out until 630pm.   I have taught two Body Pump classes this week and if felt so GREAT to be back teaching- I really do miss it when I'm gone and it was so nice to have such welcoming students saying that they missed me, even though I left them in very good hands.  It was a wonderful surprise to see that two of my regulars from Fitness 101 joined Gold's and were in my class on Thursday- felt like a very fun reunion!   I am very sore having not pumped in two weeks, but it's a great type of soreness!  I am hoping to get back to walking tomorrow morning.   No time like the present.  I need to commit to my own fitness schedule and get myself back on track.  I need to start tracking my food once again- something that I have not done in months it seems.   Time to make some changes.  I am also going to sign up to go to AIM 1 training in June.  Finally, I think I can make the schedule work!

Mom is doing pretty well over all, she has excelled with her Physical Therapy and is walking sometimes without the walker and when they had her walking with a cane the other day- she was not really using it- so she is definitely a lot stronger and fitter.  She is enjoying her time at the gym.  In fact, her P.T. is done as of yesterday- Medicare will only pay so much, but she still has access to the gym for her own workouts and she went today on her own!  Love it!  The test for C-diff came back today negative- so this is great news meaning she can return to Woodside Terrace.  She has two more doses of the antibiotic so we are shooting for Friday for that transfer.    Her leg is healing well, but the big toe does have an infection in the bone and we are waiting to see the course of action.  We met with a specialist today who has to confer with the Vascular Doctor to determine what is best.  Worst case scenario is amputation of the toe, so we'll see.  They would like to treat her with antibiotics, but it's so challenging with her and the proneness to C-diff!   I almost think she would rather amputate vs. risk getting C-diff again!

She had a wonderful Mother's Day.  We had a full day at my brothers, my sister brought over mom's china/silverware/crystal and we BBQ'd steaks that were delicious- had many of mom's favorite foods and she was in tears twice- once when she saw the table set with her china and again when she opened up her lifesize Mother's Day card with a big Rose on it.  She has gotten so many compliments on that card from the staff at the Jewish Home as it sits on display in her room.  All in all, a great day for her- but a sad day for the family since it was the last family party in my brother's home.  A home that he & my dad built together back in 1987.  Lots of memories in that house.   My brother's bankruptcy is pretty much settled, his house is sold (not for what we wanted to start fresh), but at least there is some closure.

So the next few weeks will involve a lot of moving- mom to Woodside Terrace, then at the beginning of June her "stuff" into her own apartment.  My brother & nephews need to move by the end of the month and there is a lot of uncertainty with that plan right now...but I am trying to remain faithful that everything will work out.  There is a plan for him, we just have to see what God has in store for him.   Patience, I know- a recurring theme for me.   I am really hoping that by mid-summer all will be well with the Harper family.  I know I tend to underestimate "timing"- so it probably won't happen until the end of the year- so bring on 2013!

No comments: