Feeling Good & Starting to Notice Differences...
Again, I have been not blogging as regularly as I wish- guess the summer bug has caught me and I'm just not sitting idol at the computer as often. I'm here now only because it's still about 85 degrees in the bedroom and I'm hoping for it to cool down just a bit more so I can sleep! I can't believe it's Sunday again, that it's July and that the weekend is almost over again!! I don't know if it's age or just the time we live in now- but time really does pass way too quickly.
I was just way too tired to get up early enough Friday to make it to Weight Watchers AND get my new spin playlist finalized for Friday's 915am class- so I decided it would be the bathroom scale this week, so I could get a new playlist done for class- glad I did. It was nice to have new music and feel like I could check something else off my "to do" list. This weeks weight in was "down .8" for a total loss of 12 pounds. I was a bit disappointed because I really felt that I did the work this past week: I had 34 unused activity points, I had earned 54 total - I had a few walks during the week, went dancing twice, taught a few extra classes- but I think what I was missing was more strength training- I only did Body Pump once this week - I think that may be the difference. Oh well, I still have to be happy that the scale is going in the right direction.
I am really beginning to notice things with my 12 pound weight loss. The fact that my belly ring doesn't feel "tight"- for awhile it was not very comfortable, but I was scared to death to remove it for fear I'd never get it back in again. Maybe subconsciously I kept it in so that I would be prompted into doing something about my weight. Who knows. I also noticed last night that I put on a new shirt for dancing- one I bought about 2 months ago- I had tried this shirt one night around the time of purchase and asked Bill and he said lovingly, "no it doesn't look that great"- it was a bit clingy and you could see my rolls....well I put that shirt on last night and there weren't any rolls- I looked and I looked again and no rolls! I asked Bill and he said that it looked so much better than when I had tried it on before. Amazing how you really can see the difference. Today we went to a BBQ and I wanted to wear a halter top to be as cool as possible and I pulled something out of my closet that I have not worn in over 4 years probably- and it looked good...so excited!
I am really very proud of the changes that Bill & I have made in order to achieve our weight loss goals- it feels good, we both have more energy- in fact we've been going dancing on Wednesday nights regularly and this weekend we went dancing both Friday and Saturday- what a treat and we danced pretty much all night long- tons of Activity Points earned and we have both cheated and gotten on the scale- and if all holds true by Friday, I hope to have a huge drop on weigh in!
I am happy that I was at a BBQ today with friends and really didn't overeat- I was very conscious of all I was eating, even texted the hostess prior to get an idea of what was being served so I could plan points accordingly. I was in charge of dessert- so I made low fat brownies and an angel food cake. I broke out the tape measure and made sure everything was cut down to "serving size" so I could have an accurate point count. I splurged, but I knew what the points were, I had weekly points to spend, so I spent them...and still have about 1/2 of them for tomorrow's festivities.
Tomorrow I get to see my ex's family- my niece Jenifer is having a baby next month so this is her Baby Shower/BBQ/Pool Party- I am really looking forward to seeing the family- some of them I have not seen in over 5 years. I'm just very grateful that I get to be a part of this special time for Jenifer and that I have maintained the friendships with these people- we were so much a part of each others lives for so many years- you just don't toss that away...but will watch the food intake!!
No comments:
Post a Comment