Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I'll Rest when I'm Dead!
Exhausted but must write!

I have gone so long since last writing that all my good thoughts are gone! :)  Well maybe not so gone.
I reached another milestone with last week's weigh-in...3.2 pounds for a total to date of 15.2-  for some reason the previous week "12" just didn't sound as good as "15.2" this week.  Amazing what importance is placed on a number!   I was shocked, but happy to see such a large loss - but considering the week before was so low (lower than I had thought)- it has all balanced out.

I just keep kicking things up a notch..making sure I am getting at least 3 strength training days per week, walking 4-5 times a week, spinning 1-2 times and I have been teaching Zumba for the last month and that sub gig ended last night- so now it's time to get back to my favorite instructor's class to take Zumba more regularly.   I'd like to try some new formats just to keep things fresh and shock my body.  It's amazing- I had gone several days without walking and two weeks since Zumba and yesterday I did both- today I was sore!   A good feeling, indeed.  

This past weekend I was honored to be part of the launch team at the Palo Alto JCC for Body Pump 78!  I was to teach the last three tracks: shoulders, abs and the cool down.  It was great to meet some instructors that I didn't already know and to teach to a packed room.  The class went smoothly and afterwards I got a lot of really nice compliments and feedback from the members.  I was actually compared to what this club considers to be their favorite instructor and was told that I came pretty darn close.  I have been reassured by the Director that the next opening will be offered to me and if they can find a new slot on Tuesdays/Thursdays- I'll have dibs on that.  I hope that happens soon.   I also received some very nice feedback from a fellow instructor the next day...so all in all Saturday's launch was a huge success!  Also, through my networking with these instructors, I  have picked up two classes to sub in the coming month- one this week and one in August.  I love the new release, I keep singing and humming the songs and going over the choreography in my head.  Must be why I'm so exhausted!  :)

This past WW week has been challenging - we had Brooklyn's Birthday party on Saturday which was an all day into the late night event 1pm-1am...but I did the best that I could.  We ended up over the McClymond house on Sunday for poolside fun and ended up staying for dinner again.  Hoping that all my extra workouts this week will earn a positive result on the scale- anything but a gain would be positive.   I have used all of my weekly points and a good portion of my Activity points...hate when all the eating events hit at the same time, but it's bound to happen.

Work has been insanely busy, but productive at the same time.  I am going to be training my second independent contractor who is going to start working for me next week.   Just amazed at how all of this has come about- I have not advertised, but here I have two ladies who have some pretty good business to book and have decided to get into the business- and they are both go-getters, responsible people with good business heads on their shoulders! YAY!

Getting ready for a fun-filled weekend, although I'm happy I still have two days of work left..so I can leave Friday feeling like I shouldn't be working.   Drag races in Sacramento ~ Bill is so excited to go since it has been so long since his last race.  I'm looking forward to time in the sun to soak in the Vitamin D...and also to go dancing at new places.  Meet up with good friend Robin as well and then swing by mom's house on the way home Sunday to help with some odds/ends and then take her out to dinner/movie.  Rest?  No clue- I'll sleep in a bit both Saturday and Sunday!

No comments: