Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Summer is here!

 

Hard to believe it, but June has come and gone!  It has been a busy month with lots of social gatherings.  We had several hockey Stanley Cup playoff watch parties,  we celebrated our 20th Wedding Anniversary, Bill's 62nd birthday, we tried a new pizza place 3 times (yes, it's that good).  We've had several pool days and "redneck yacht club" floating days as pictured above.  Our weather has been very nice the entire month of June with the exception on maybe 4 days.

It has been a fun June but that usually means not much progress in the weight loss journey.  I have been consistent with my exercise.  I end the month of June with 388,754 steps with a daily average of 12,958 steps.  I have logged 162.88 miles with a daily average of 5.43 miles.  I have exercised 30 out of 30 days.  My sleep has not been that great though,  only reaching my goal 14 days out of 30 with an average of 6 hours, 45 minutes per day...that's not good.   Stress from work, I think and I also think a few days of overindulgence caused for messed up sleep.   Crap food, too much sugar, etc.  It's amazing how your body gets used to eating better and drinking less alcohol so quickly, when you go back to the evil ways, your body lets you know it's unacceptable. 

I have pretty much stayed even on the weight for the month of June, which I suppose is not bad all things considered.  I had a goal to reach by mid-August and that is feeling a bit more unattainable but I will just push on and whatever progress I make will just have to be celebrated.  Back to being "good" within reason for the month of July! 


No comments: