Monday, February 01, 2021

Dance is Good for the Soul

 


As I've stated in previous posts, finding the motivation to "move" over the last 10 months has really been difficult.  I had a few really good stretches of getting my 10k steps per day and most of the time, I got those steps by Line Dancing in my living room.   Dancing is my gig.  No doubt that dancing gives me peace, joy, exercise and it makes me happy.   Lately, the last few months though I've had a hard time motivating myself to dance.   I miss my dance family.   Line Dancing is not quite the same by yourself.  But knowing all of this and knowing that this year I need to make some positive changes to lose weight and get back into "fighting shape", I decided to make myself dance.   It didn't take long for me to feel that joy, to feel that peace once again.   I danced a good 7k steps yesterday and a good 4k steps today.  I'm not focusing so much on the 10k per day - YET.   Right now I just need to do better than what I've done, so if I can achieve a weekly goal or a daily goal to be better than the week before or the month before, then I have been successful.    This past week I had just over 28K steps...I have not had that many since October 31st and the only reason I had 44K steps the week ending 10/31/20 is because we had a dance party on Halloween and I logged 20K steps that day! 

I have been pretty "OK" with the nutrition this week.  I still have some work to do to really be on track in this part of the equation.   It doesn't help when my brother bakes chocolate chip cookies.   Today the house smelled of freshly baked cookies and crockpot lasagne. But it's all about balance.  

I'm not sure what the scale will say tomorrow.  I was able to successfully cleanse one day this past week and am hoping to cleanse two days this week.   Our outdoor dining is no longer restricted, which is great.  These restaurants need to be open so that they can try to survive through this pandemic.  Bill & I resumed our Friday brunch at Angelicas and it felt so nice to be outside dining again!   I have 3 "dates" this week with friends for safe outdoor gatherings, so I am trying to be very aware of my calories so that this does not backfire on me.   One of the gatherings is lunch on my patio and that will be a cleanse day, I can easily drink my bone broth during lunch, so much easier than being at a restaurant.   And I know that my friends will understand why I'm not eating "food" with them! 

My goals for the upcoming week:   maintain my calorie intake and try to keep the caloric deficit.   Continue to dance.   Break out the weights and start doing BodyPump in the living room.  I want to start doing this 3 times a week.   Alcohol is out of the picture until Thursday or Friday. 

Hello February! 


No comments: