Week one:
As I said in my last entry, it's time for me to get back in shape. On Monday, I weighed in and took my measurements. I compared those to previous measurements and let's just say, WOW! It was pretty eye-opening. Not that looking at myself in an unexpected mirror was not eye-opening enough the previous week, but still just WOW.
I am pretty proud of my week overall. I have been logging my food intake and have stayed under my burned calories for most of the days. My activity has been low, so I have resisted the urge to splurge. If I don't have the calories to spend, it's not going to happen. One day was even, one day was over but the rest of the week I was under the calories burned. I am hoping for a positive sign on the scale tomorrow morning. I have been successful with my 2 shakes per day with the exception for the weekend, I didn't have any on Saturday but had one on Sunday. I know I need to work on this, it's hard when my brother cooks breakfast on Saturdays. I don't want to say "no" because it is thoughtful, but it's so filling that I really don't eat anything else until dinner. I know that's not good for weight loss.
Today I had the most activity. Today is "day one" according to Fitbit and I have more than 1/2 the number of steps today than I did all of last week! So that should give me a good jump start to make it a good week. How did I get so many steps on a Sunday? I took down Christmas. I kept saying I was going to leave it up until our lockdown is lifted, but it sounds as though that could be coming sooner than I thought and we will be able to once again go out to restaurants! However, even though I was active today, I am in pain and have been in pain most of the time that I was active. I'm also sad and pissed off that I'm in pain. The reason that I'm in pain is because I'm so fucking out of shape and so fat! It's this vicious cycle. But ultimately, I am so pissed that I allowed myself to get to this point. I realize that though I take full responsibility, this last year has been a shit show and so hard to be active and stay accountable. But I can't let that dictate my life , I am determined to snap out of it, now is the time. I had to take two advil and have been icing my back once all was done and put away.
Tomorrow will be a better day, though now I'm tempted to do a little dancing to get my 10k steps- I'm only about 8-9 dances away! I think I can do that, I think I should to this!

No comments:
Post a Comment