Monday, February 08, 2021

Progress = Results, Week 3 Accountability

 


Three full weeks since I said "enough already" and decided to get serious about my fitness and nutrition.  I need to remind myself that forward progress is good regardless of how little it may be, in the end it will be baby steps of progress that will result with the big goal in the end.  My end goal is not small.  I know I need to lose at least 70 pounds, but ideally want to lose 90 pounds.  And of course, I want it yesterday!  Patience is not my strong suit and it appears that 2021 is going to test my patience with every chance she gets. 

I had a good week.  Ok, I think I had a pretty damn good week.   My fitbit is set up for a 250 calorie deficit which should equate to about a 1 pound weight loss per week.  Of course, I'd much prefer to have the 500 calorie deficit which would be a more desirable 2 pounds per week.  I'm not there yet, but I will get there.  I am proud to say that every day this past week, my calorie grid was green (in the zone) or blue (under the zone).  Under doesn't bother me because it was a day that my deficit was between 250-500 calories, so it just means to me that I am getting closer to being able to set that 500 calorie deficit as the goal. 

What amazes me is that I did this with 3 social outings.  Monday I had breakfast with a girlfriend at Stack's.  I had eggs and bacon, no toast and no potatoes.   Wednesday, I had lunch on the patio with two girlfriends and stuck with my cleanse day.   "Lunch" was about getting together, not so much about eating, so it was just fine that I was drinking my cleanse drink.  I couldn't do that at a restaurant.   Friday night we went out to dinner with another couple.  I had a cocktail and two glasses of wine, I splurged with chocolate mousse for dessert, but I was on point all day, burned more calories than normal, so it didn't matter that my dinner was 1100 calories, it balanced out with the 700 calories I had earlier in the day.  What I did not do was have more wine when we got home.  We still had a few hours together watching TV until Bill went to bed, he had more wine & I chose not to.   Saturday night I had a zoom Happy Hour with two gal pals, I had a glass of wine with them and then another with dinner but saved the remainder of the bottle for Sunday night.   This is all HUGE progress for me.   

I did get on the scale mid-week (which I said I would not do) but I was curious to see what my weight was after the cleanse day.   Of course, it still confirmed that I'm on track for 1 pound per week and I have lost 3 pounds so far, but I am hoping tomorrow will show more on my true weigh in day and I will not weigh in again until the following Monday. 

Activity is getting better.   Each day I had better step counts, I got up more, moved around the house more.  Those 3 social outings got me moving more as well.  This staying at home stuff for the past year has truly killed my fitness because I was always going somewhere!  I danced off and on Saturday in between getting some natural vitamin D on the patio and ended the week with a total of 31K steps which is an improvement from the previous week and that is ultimately my goal- to do better than the week before.  Today (Sunday) was the start of the next fitbit week and my steps are low thanks to the Puppy Bowl, the Kitten Bowl and then the Super Bowl but I will make up for it during the week. 

My friend Cammie has been posting various workout challenges each month.  Everyday is a small task just to do something.  I started on Feb 1st and then dropped the ball.  On Saturday, I decided to make up and did the workouts for Feb 2nd-6th.  This meant 45 squats, 65 minute plank, 19 chair dips, 32 crunches, 26 leg lifts and 13 push-ups.  That was a lot of fun 😂 and I felt it today!! However, I still managed to do today's challenge which was another 25 squats, 7 push-ups and 16 leg lifts.  💪👊

I did not get to my Body Pump workouts this past week as I had hoped, but will make sure to get 1-2 in this week.  I'm really craving a good Body Combat workout and my body NEEDS a good Body Flow workout.  I really am out of shape, lack major flexibility - it's embarrassing. 

I could have done better on sleep this past week, I had two days that were under 7 hours because I had 9am work zoom meetings for 3 days and my late nights are hard to break.  My average sleep for the week was right at 7 hours.  I like to average 7.5 if possible.  I will aim to do better with that this week. 

This coming week is pretty light with meetings, so I really should not have any excuses!!  Going to make it a great week! 

No comments: