A GREAT Birthday Weekend...and it's still not over!
This has been a great weekend! Although I had intentions to make it to church on Thanksgiving, snooze won the battle. I am not giving up on the war. I am making a commitment to get to church each Sunday between now and the end of the year! Bill & I slept in, which was needed - I think the jet lag finally caught up to us. Headed over to my sisters and we had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving with the family. My brother gave a very heart felt Thanksgiving prayer before dinner and emphasized how this year we really could have been without our mom at the dinner table. She was saved and is still with us. Lots to be thankful for this holiday season indeed. Dinner was served on time at 4pm so that anyone interested could watch the 49er game at 5pm. My sister who is not really a sports fan made this accommodation for the family and I was very grateful.
After dinner, it was pretty cool to see the family all disperse to do what they wanted to do. My brother & I camped out in front of the TV to watch the game, Bill & Michael "geeked out" talking about tech stuff, my sister and nephew Rob played cards, my brother-in-law was doing something in his office and my mom was just watching us all and enjoying how we were all content to be doing what we were doing. Everyone was happy in their own right. I also think she was amused at my enthusiasm for football. It's been awhile since she's seen me watch any game and she made a few comments to which Bill replied, "oh, this is nothing, you should have seen her when the Giants won the World Series". I think my mom finally realized just how much the sports lover I really am, that is truly the "daddy's girl" in me. It was a good night. The 49ers didn't win, it was still a pretty good game with a lot of defense and a few bullshit calls, but hey we are still 9-2 for the season which is quite respectable!
We had the family "birthday celebration" on Thanksgiving and had my yummy Baskin Robbins birthday cake.
Friday, I was up and out early to sub 6am spin at the Page Mill YMCA. My first time teaching at this facility and only two people showed up. No doubt it was the holiday scenario and the class went as well as could be expected, but it's so hard to be motivated for two people at that hour! Then after a quick break at home, I then went to teach my 915am class and had a good turnout, it was a class filled with energy that made up for the other! By midday I was pooped and ended up crashed on the couch- so much for a Friday of decorating! Oh well! Enjoyed the down time and then got ready to continue the Birthday celebration with a Birthday-eve dinner with Janet & Scott. Had a great time at Chevy's and enjoyed the meal at the time, but the after effects makes me wonder how I used to eat Chevy's every week. It's amazing once you start a plan like Weight Watchers and eat pretty decently, how your body reacts to food from places like Chevy's. My stomach was jacked up all day Saturday! But in any case, we enjoyed the company and I had a very yummy brownie/ice cream dessert! We went dancing afterwards and spent some time with Tiina! Had a good night of dancing, followed by a great night sleep to wake up on my birthday with the love of my life beside me. We lounged in bed and snuggled, I got up to teach Body Pump at PAC for Kristy, then came home and started to decorate the house. My nephew Michael came over to start working on my Holiday card stuffing/stamping/labeling. It was a productive day and Michael is such a good kid! Kid, ha- he's 18, guess he's not a kid anymore! :( Bill & I ventured out to have dinner downtown Redwood City and tried out the new Sakura Teppanyaki restaurant, it was great! We got there late, so ended up with a table to ourselves, which was cool. We thought we'd go to a movie after, but got done so early that we were in between movie times, decided to come home and watch a movie on TV. Enjoyed "The hangover 2" hilarious movie and then went to bed. Bottom line, anytime spent with my husband is a good time.
Started today with church and then finished up the house/tree decorating, got the lights hung outside and had both Michael & Rob over working on the cards. By the time Bill & I returned from our massages, they had all the cards done, we had pizza for dinner together and then I helped Michael with his college application for Cal Poly. He still has 6 other colleges to submit, but 5 of them are the same app with sub-apps and we plan to get those done next weekend. Cal Poly had an 11/30 deadline, the others have until 12/31. I still can't believe that I have a nephew ready for college and to see him driving his hot rod 1969 Chevy Truck just brings tears to my eyes- I am so dang proud of him and the young man he has become. It was fun to watch him and Uncle Bill geeking on Thanksgiving and again yesterday while working on the cards. I am so thankful that Bill is part of our family and can help mentor Michael this way. Truly a blessing!
Overall a great weekend! I have a busy week ahead with 7 classes to teach, have a few walks with Diane scheduled and a few additional workouts of my own. I am thrilled that starting in January I will now be teaching Body Pump 3 times a week. I was offered a Saturday class at Gold's, and I jumped on it! It's not too early, yet still early enough so if I am needed to sub elsewhere, I can!
Not really happy about going to the dentist tomorrow- I need to have 2 fillings re-filled, they are old and leaking. I have also had a gum infection this weekend. I was able to self-treat with warm water/salt which seemed to do the trick, but I am not a fan of any visit to the dentist regardless of how nice they may be! Sigh. I need to set up a few more appointments - the annual female stuff: pap, mammo and then I also need to make the follow up appt. with my foot dr. about the orthotics. 2012 is not far away, it'll be here in the blink of an eye.
Need to get back on track with the eating, tracking, drinking and working out! I have goals for how I want to feel in my bikini in Oahu in January and I'd like to finally change out my belly ring to my mickey mouse belly ring- which I think is perfect for a trip to Disney's Aulani! Need to scale down about 5 pounds by then (more if I can, but trying to be realistic with all the functions that December brings)!

No comments:
Post a Comment