Sunday, June 30, 2013

Whirlwind

Wow- have not blogged since the middle of May- not for lack of thinking about it- but the time sure is flying right on past me and I've been incredibly busy.    Guess I am overdue and feeling the need to write down some thoughts or more.  

Mom first..she was released from rehab on May 21st back to her apartment and happy to say that she is doing VERY well.  She had physical therapists working with her a few times per week at home, we have had follow up appointments with her doctors and the shoulder is considered healed, her range of motion is very good.  For awhile, it was "driving miss daisy" with her in the backseat, but now she has enough ROM to use the handpull for the front seat to get into my Pathfinder.   She was elated when she tried and was able to.  She is gaining weight and is currently a strong 97 pounds -although she decided to lie on her California ID this past week and said she was 105 and a height of 5'0" (she is really 4'11")- she even gave me a speech to not "rat her out" at the DMV when she put those false measurements down.  Gee, would I do that?   Who doesn't like on the Driver's License or ID for the height/weight- right?   Overall, she is doing good, she is healthy and that is HUGE!  The weekends are slow and boring for her, so I really need to make a point of taking time out to do something with her on the weekends.  It's just really tough since that is "Pam & Bill time" and I am with her so much during the week taking care of business.   I'll figure it out, I always do.

June has flown by incredibly quick- celebrated 7 years with the most wonderful man in the world although we picked the worst place on earth to do this- Disneyland in June is NOT the happiest place on earth; however, we did have a good time- we did get to go on a lot of attractions.  We had a very fun time at The Ranch Restaurant and Saloon - great dining and then country dancing afterwards and then on our Anniversary a fabulous dinner at Napa Rose.   All in all, our weekend away was fabulous despite the crowds and chilly weather- we actually had to buy jackets the first night at Disneyland.   We parted ways at LAX,  Bill went home and I continued onto Orlando for my annual Vacation.com conference with a few extra days at Disney World with my friend and colleague, Mandi.  We had a great time- lots of valuable education, fun times socializing with other agents and some great activities for the conference goers!   Our two days at Disney World were a blast, but I was definitely ready to get home once all was said and done.  It was an exhausting 10 days and literally took me a week to recover.


Bill celebrated his last birthday in his 40's - lucky number 49 and I think that he had a great weekend of celebrations.  He is so damn good to me, that I really wanted to make sure that he was treated extra specially for his birthday weekend.  He is my rock, my foundation and I could not do this life without his support.  He's amazing.    We started out Friday night by his request at PF Chang's for dinner, then danced the night away at the Saddle Rack- afterall, he is "Mr Happy Feet"- we were joined with a variety of friends for one or both venues and had a great night.   Saturday we picked up my mom and the three of us went to see "Monsters University"- which was a very cute movie and then we came home to a homemade Spaghetti dinner, thanks to my brother.  It was delicious and it was also great to "spring" mom from the old folks home for a saturday since that is her worst day of the week (most bored).   Sunday, my brother made a special breakfast for Bill - french toast and sausage after we had morning massages.  Then we finished up the weekend with a concert at the Shoreline- "Bone Bash" with Night Ranger, Bad Company and Lynryd Skynyrd.  It was an amazing show- great music and we had phenomenal seats- just 4 rows from the stage!  Incredible!  It was also a special treat to meet up with my BFF from 1st grade (Marianne) and her daughter (Brianna) between acts and got to meet her special guy.   Overall, it was a GREAT weekend!


Now for me..well, I think that I am finally getting back to me and starting once again to take care of myself.  Afraid to say that too loudly because then the other shoe might fall.  I have refocused myself with weight watchers again.  I have purchased their activity device so that I can truly see what activity points I am earning- I'm in the first week evaluation phase, so we'll see what comes of it.   I am beefing up my activity and getting in some workouts for myself and I've done something extremely scary.  I have finally signed up for training for a second Les Mills format.  Yep, I have not told many people- so anyone who reads this blog- feel privileged because I am not bragging too  loudly on this.  It is definitely something out of my comfort zone, but one of Les Mills principles is to "Be Brave" - so that is exactly what I am going to do.  I'm waiting for my DVD and choreography notes so that I can start to work on that.  I'm excited that Gold's has added two classes to the schedule, so I can go take the class 5+ times before the training weekend at the end of July.  The format is Body Combat- a mixed martial arts class with moves from Karate, Muay Thai, Boxing, Taekwondo, Tai Chi.  Nervous, excited, anxious- but I'm going to give it 200% and we'll see where the chips fall.    The bottom line is that I will be learning one of the best programs out there- definitely the best martial arts inspired program from the best trainers in the business, so I will soak it all in and do my best.   July is big time training month for me to be ready for this.  My friend Lisa has said over and over again that she'd love to train with me, which I think will be good for me to get my feet wet before training weekend.

Overall, I am enjoying the summer, definitely enjoying the HOT weather we've been having- bring it on, stay forever- I love it!   Been having some great times with fabulous friends.

Ok- as my nephew just reminded me - I was "off to bed" about 30 minutes ago according to my facebook post- so I will finish this up and head off to bed.  Get a good night sleep to attack this short work week that is overloaded with fitness fun and a great 4th of July weekend on the agenda with great people!


No comments: