Body Repair in Progress....
Ok, so maybe teaching 14 Body Pump classes in 11 days wasn't the brightest idea I've had. Seriously, I had not paid that close attention when I agreed to sub all of these classes, but it has taken it's toll on my body. I am on the road to recovery though- had a much needed massage yesterday and that made me feel about 70% better and then today I saw the Chiropractor for a long overdue adjustment (it's been a month) and that felt wonderful! I decided to be brave and ask Dr. Matteo about my elbow and get his opinion and he confirmed that it's Tennis Elbow and proceeded to give me some stretching exercises to do, along with icing and then he "treated" the elbow/forearm and whoa- what pain!!! He put crazy pressure on my arm in various spots while I was told to flex and unflex my hand at the wrist. But I have to say that it already feels better. I have an arm band to wear while I teach and will go to see him again on Friday. My teaching schedule is settling down a bit with just 1 class Friday and 2 on Saturday. Thursday and Sunday are days of rest!
This is step one in the mission called "taking care of ME". Time to get my body back to 100%. Tomorrow's work will be calling the PT's and setting up the appointments to work on my foot. It has not hurt much lately- a slight twinge during lunges, but other than that it's been ok. I have not been doing any of the "triggers" if I can help it at all- so we have not been dancing since Vegas and I have not gone walking in well over a month. Both of these activities need to return to my life, so PT is the answer for now and hopefully I can get the foot to cooperate without drastic measures.
No comments:
Post a Comment