Monday, December 12, 2011

What a Perfect Weekend!!!

Well, almost perfect but I won't nit pick about the small imperfection...the 49ers losing today!  They are still a 10-3 team for the season with 3 more games left.  They are still the NFC West champs, but as a realist - all roads to the Super Bowl for the NFC are going to go through Green Bay and they are just unstoppable this year.   As much as I'd like to see my team make it to the Super Bowl,  it's a tough road that they have left to get there - but it has been a very incredible, exciting season.

So for the perfect weekend- had a fantastic Friday night.  I think Bill was surprised when I messaged him early in the day and told him we had a dinner date at Applebee's before dancing- that meant we were definitely going dancing.  I was craving a cheeseburger and it was so good!   Tiina met us before hand so we could have some visit time and she is sounding so strong now- going on a month since she & her fiance broke up.  I am so proud of where she is at emotionally right now.   We had an amazing time dancing, at least 3 hours of non-stop dancing.  Great music, fun times.  I went home a happy & energized gal!   So energized that I stayed up and did food prep for our Holiday party.  Got the dips made, the deviled eggs all mixed and ready, the corn dip ready for baking.  I did go to bed close to 3am, but I would much rather stay up late (go figure) and be done vs. having to set an alarm and get up early and crunch for time.  Slept like a baby and had my alarm set for 1030am.

Saturday was such a great day.  I got my party playlist together and moved onto the laptop and then went to the gym to take Kristy's Body Pump class!  It was great to take a class and get my workout on. I did up my weights on a few tracks - always want to "test" those additional weights while taking a class vs. teaching one.  It was challenging, but felt good.   I could definitely see improvements with Kristy's teaching since her AIM training.    After class, a stop to pick up ice and salad dressing for the party and brief stop at Auto Zone to get a new tail light- Kristy was driving behind me and messaged me that it was out.   Bill & I finished prepping the garage, which really didn't take much more, we got the Dining room set up, all serving dishes out and we really got to the point where we were rearranging things in the garage for the sake of rearranging them.  We were so prepared and ready early that we didn't know what to do with ourselves!   It was a GREAT feeling!   Come 6pm, we were ready and waiting for our first guests to arrive.

We had such a FUN party!  I will say that there were a few events this past week with a couple of friends that put me in a stinker mood and I was starting to already say "maybe this will be our last party" & feeling disappointed in some people.  However, everything worked out the way it was supposed to.  I was super excited and surprised that Janet & Scott were able to come, she was on my shit list because it appeared that she had rearranged her schedule to accommodate a holiday party of Scott's friend, but wasn't coming to ours - we had a good laugh and she was excited that she surprised me.  Although, perceptive as I can be- she almost gave it away on Facebook by saying "holiday events" on her weekend status.  That "s" (plural) had me question her if she was coming to our party and she quickly explained that she had a Holiday lunch on Sunday...my reply to her "disappointing"- one work, was meant to speak volumes.  Scott was amazed that a silly "S" almost spoiled the surprise. We had about 17 people show up and we got the dancing going in the garage, even taught a few line dances and I think everyone had a super great time.  It ended earlier than I would have liked, but I think everyone had fun.  So we are now talking about next year and making some additions to the guest list.  There is a rule that I keep saying I'm going to follow  "3 strikes; you're out"- if you have not attended for 3 years, you don't get invited again.  Not sure I'm "mean" enough to do that to some people.  Time will tell.   By far, one of the best parties we've hosted!




Today was an equally perfect day, sleeping in and then lounging on the couch all day watching the 49er game, working on my Shutterfly Photobook with Sunny visiting and working on her Photobook- it was like a scrapbooking party, but online!   I did get a few loads of laundry done and should be getting my butt to bed soon.   This week is going to be a bit crazy and I should have worked on some travel projects today, but it was nice to be lazy.

All in all, a pretty perfect weekend!  Can't believe Christmas is two weeks away and the New Year three weeks away.  Still don't know what we are planning on doing for New Year's Eve- I would even consider hosting a party in our garage, but most friends we'd want to invite have kids and I think babysitting would be difficult for them and our house is not kid friendly!   So time to investigate the options, definitely want to be doing something fun!

No comments: