Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Fun, fun, fun....

Yes, I am having so much fun with life these days.   The weekend was a blast.  We had our first Holiday party at a friend's house and only knew 4 people at the party, but met a lot of fun, friendly, out-going people, so never once was it boring or awkward.  Danced so much that my feet needed the loving hands of Bill for foot massage when we got home and sang at the top of my lungs with the gals to so many 80's songs that I had a very raspy voice on Sunday.  That is good ole time FUN!    Friday night we tried to pull together a dance party in the garage with friend Tiina, but she couldn't leave kids whose plans had changed over and over again.  Ended up having a low key night with Bill and was in bed by 1130pm which is very early for me on a Friday night.  Sunday was lounge day watching the 49ers clinch the NFC West Division.  So exciting!

I subbed Body Pump Saturday at the OFJCC and received a very warm welcome and had several compliments afterwards from the members and of course the ever so popular question, "when do you teach here?"- I hate the reply "oh, I just sub from time to time"  One day, some day I will get a class at this place.    TONIGHT at Gold's I had such a GREAT class!!   The front desk told me when I got there, "wow, everyone wants to take Body Pump tonight"- I had no idea what to expect, but we had 15 people in class tonight, which is a BIG class for that club.  The most I have had previously was 12 and normally we are around 8-10, so this was so exciting.  A few members who have been M.I.A. due to holidays/vacations, etc. returned and I had 3 new members/first-timers to Pump in class.  It was just a really fun night.  I also took this time to announce to the group that I would be taking over the Saturday class in January and I received a very warm reception to that.  Several people with "Oh Good!" or "Yay!" - so that made me feel good.   I am working very hard at trying to get them all to correct their form.  Sad to say, but when subbing for other instructors I see such terrible form and I was asked by a member when I subbed last Friday why I didn't go around and correct people one on one.  That I was the only Pump instructor that doesn't do that.   I went on to explain that by Body Pump rules, we are not supposed to leave our post at the front of the room.  I went into detail on that, but it was interesting to learn that other instructors are not living the program the way it was designed. Not that I'm surprised, I was completely disheartened a month ago when I went to take the Saturday class and found the instructor to demo several moves incorrectly and to re-write the entire choreography to the stretch track.  Sigh.  I'm just happy that I will now have Saturdays and that gives me 2/3 of the Pump classes at this gym and I will be able to shape people into correct form.  I am super excited that I'll be able to launch Body Pump on a Saturday and want to talk to the Director about doing a Form class before hand to go over everything.  I think we should have a Pump form class once per month to give that one on one training to the members.  We'll see, would love to make it happen. 

I am completely done with all Christmas shopping and wrapping, except for one gift that has yet to arrive and a few stocking stuffers like lottery tickets that I can't buy until closer to Christmas anyway.  Feels so good.  In fact, even Bill is done shopping and has wrapped my gifts and they are under the tree!!! He never gets this done any sooner than 12/24!  I am impressed!    I am excited for our party this weekend and looking forward to spending time with fun people and getting our dance on in the garage!   I love how each year, this party just keeps getting easier and easier- the garage is already cleaned and ready to go, the house was cleaned today- come Saturday I will have a few appetizers to get together and we have to move the dining room table in place, but otherwise- we are ready!  It's pretty exciting!  I may actually get to the gym on Saturday!   

I have been getting on the scale every day- I know, I shouldn't but with all the holidays, it does help to keep me in check and I am happy to say that it is moving down and I am confident & focused that I will meet my goal of 165 by the end of the year- this will put me back at the Arizona weigh in weight before all the travels and celebrations began!   Actually, 164 by New Years Eve would be fabulous to get a round 30 pounds for the year since May.  I could live with that.    My secondary goal is to be at 160 by the time Hawaii rolls around 1/26.   Slow & Steady wins the race and I am living!

I received an email on Facebook the other day from Sarah from Les Mills International asking if they could use my before/after pictures for a testimonial page on the LMI website for Body Pump.  I was flattered and replied that it would be fine.  Pretty exciting stuff!   I am so happy to be back with the Tribe and teaching this fabulous program again - it makes me want to be better each and every day.

So I guess that is enough for ramblings....time to get some shuteye!  This seems to be my bewitching blogging hour! 


No comments: