Sunday, August 07, 2011

Scratch that....29 classes this month has turned into 36!

Well, I survived the first week of August, taught  7 classes:  3 Body Pump and 4 spin.  I went on 3 walks- average 5 miles per walk, went dancing Wednesday and Saturday nights and I'm feeling good!   I taught at a few new places:  had my first regular Body Pump class at Gold's Mountain View and other than the usual getting used to the lay of the land at a new place, all went well.   I also taught at a new facility- branch of Fitness 101 in Newark where they are previewing Body Pump as a possible addition to the schedule.  I had a small group of brand new Body Pumpers and knowing this, I asked them if they minded staying about 10 minutes overtime so that I really was able to go through technique with them- it was awesome.  They loved the class, so hopefully it will turn into something new.  The drive to Newark was a breeze ~ finding the building not so much, - LOL.

My walks were a challenge- increased my mileage and had to do it alone with BFF in Cabo!  But it's all good.  I am still experiencing issues with my left foot- and I'm pretty close to seeing about a Dr. visit to find out what the cause may be.  I just don't get it, only on long walks does it flare up- all other activities are fine.   We went dancing twice this week, would have loved to go Friday also- but a made the mistake of sitting on the couch at 5pm and guess the week's activities caught up to me and I crashed....for 3 hours!

I subbed a spin class at Gold's Mt View Saturday and other than one member complaining that I only did a 45 minute class (which is how the schedule reads)- I guess the regular instructor goes the full hour- which I didn't know in advance.  But I did receive so many compliments from other participants.  One gentleman said, "who trained you?" and when he found out that I was Madd Dogg certified, he smiled and said, "yes, you can always tell- all of the good instructors are Madd Dogg trained"  he went on to give examples of how I taught certain things that he loved.  I was beaming.   I had another participant come up and say that she really appreciated my examples and descriptions regarding form and mentioned that "we don't get that very often here"- which saddened me...that's our job as instructors- to instruct.  Several others came up and thanked me for class, complimented my music selection, etc.  It was a great way to start out a Saturday!

I am on track once again with the scale and just hit my 10% weight loss goal.   This means that I have lost 10% of my original body weight- so yes I started WW in May at 194 pounds...I've now lost 19.4 exactly!  So close to 20, but guess it was meant to be to nail the 10% to the point!  I am looking forward to soon saying good-bye to the 170's...have already said Adios to the 80's and 90's!  For good!!

Probably the big downer this week is finding out that my mother has started smoking again- through some questioning and my sister's discoveries- we've determined that she started smoking about 3 weeks ago, but has only smoked about 1-2 packs over that duration.  She is not smoking in the house and as of Thursday has not smoked again- she is "trying" to stop again, but admits that it is very hard and that she really enjoys smoking- she enjoys the cigarettes, etc.  Sigh.  Although I understand addiction (I was married to an addict the first go round)...I still have such a hard time seeing someone unable to stay away from something that is so detrimental to one's health.  But I know that I can't control her, I can't babysit her- it is her life and she is 82, if she wants to smoke herself into death- then so be it.  Although, what I try to remind her is that she is so darn strong health wise that it won't kill her- she'll just end up living a long unhappy existence when she is carrying around an oxygen tank, etc.   Sigh.

So the new week is upon us already and I am way behind the eight ball with work- I have a ton of things that I need to get done- a week ago.  However, I won't be in my office tomorrow since I will be taking my mom to the Dr. to have the procedure to see if her ulcer is all cleared up.  Fingers crossed.  I will attempt to get some work done at the hospital- hopefully I can get online there.

This week brings me 11 classes to teach - yes 11, in 5 days no less!   I have 5 Body Pump classes and 6 spin classes -  3-2-2-1-3 is the distribution!   I have also added to my calendar 2 walks- don't think I can fit any more into the already packed schedule..and of course dancing Wednesday and Friday...finishing off the week with a rafting trip on Saturday--let's hope my arms aren't mush after all that PUMP!   I am really enjoying subbing all of these classes and teaching at new facilities- it has given me the spark, the new enthusiasm for this industry that is my co-career!

Now for some much needed rest to get up bright and early for Spin & Body Pump 6-8am!   Bring it on!

No comments: