This last week has been a bit crazy and although I've stopped and wanted to blog, I think I was almost afraid to put words down on paper for fear that I might jinx things. But I must write it out- in fact, I had not even talked about everything with anyone except Bill this week until this weekend!
It has been a crazy string of events. On Monday this past week I received a phone call from another instructor needing a sub for her 6am Friday Spin class and in her message she complimented that the 6am crowd really liked me when I subbed for another gal a month ago and they are so hard to please. In the same message she also said "I heard you teach Body Pump, I manage other clubs and might have an opening for you"- well that was music to my ears of course. I met with her to complete new hire paperwork and was then offered the Tuesday night class at Gold's Mt. View...starting August 2nd - yes, this week! Additionally, I was added to the sub list for this group of Gold's gyms- so there will be other teaching opportunities.
Also, for the month of August- Fitness 101's corporate office is doing a health & wellness promotion and bringing in some classes as a "preview" and if they get good feedback, may be adding as new classes to their schedule, so I am teaching Body Pump there 4 times during the month of August. Add to that a few sub needs at PAC and OFJCC and I think my total number of Body Pump classes to be taught in August is now at 12-13 classes! Do you know how excited that makes me? I actually pulled out my very old releases (going back to BP30- we are now on BP78) to see what old stuff I can bring into these classes this month! So excited!
Friday night I taught a special class at the PJCC- every last Friday of the month is "bring a friend Friday" and we have a special class that is not ordinarily on the schedule- I taught Line Dancing. We had about 16 people in the class, everyone had a great time and everyone was very interested in a Series of Line Dance classes to be offered- so I am very optimistic that this will turn into something as well. On a related note, unfortunately one of my instructor colleagues has some family issues right now and I will be subbing her senior fitness class- where I typically teach line dancing- the members are already looking forward to it for the last 3 Mondays in August.
All in all, right now- I am scheduled to teach 29 classes in the month of August- mind you that up until this past Thursday, I only "owned" 1 class per week and of course now with Body Pump, that is 2 classes per week - but I am subbing like a crazy lady this month and I am extremely excited to be BACK! I know there will be times that I am exhausted and these late midnight/1am bed times will be fading real soon because many of these classes I'm teach happen to be at 6 or 7am! But this is what I have been striving for and things are finally starting to fall into place.
My WW journey is still progressing. I had gotten down to a total loss of 17 pounds on the 15th and then the following Friday weighed in as having gained 1 pound- which was I'm sure due to several days in a row of eating out both during our weekend away and the few nights following - that's bound to happen, as of this last friday, I was back at the 17 pound loss and it's time to move forward from here and my goal for the month of August is to weigh in on 9/2 with a total of 27 pounds lost - that is 5 weeks to lose 10 pounds...I think it's reasonable when you consider all of this activity that I'll be putting in- keeping in mind that I still plan to get in my walks and some yoga also!
Some additional progress- people who really know me, know that I do not eat fruits and vegetables as a main stay. I'll eat corn and potatoes (starchy veggies)- and will eat an occasional grape, strawberry or pear...but I'm not one to say "oh I'd LOVE to have an apple right now" or fill in any fruit in place of apple. Well, I have been making my own fruit smoothies: using frozen fruit, vanilla non fat yogurt, orange juice and non fat milk and they are delicious! So I am feeling good that I am putting some more nutrients into my body! They also seem to help stave off my craving for chocolate!
Well, onto the first week of August- I can hardly believe that...6 classes to teach this week and they are Body Pump Monday, Tuesday & Thursday and then 3 spin classes- 2 on Friday and 1 on Saturday...
Going to miss my walking buddy Diane for the next 2 weeks while they are on vacation; although, this will give me the opportunity to do some longer walks to help train for Nike 1/2 marathon in October!
No comments:
Post a Comment