Here we are - April 1st already!! Not sure how the time keeps flying by faster and faster but it's slightly terrifying. Not enough hours in the day, enough days in the week, enough weeks in the month.....
March- I logged 447,314 steps for a total of 189.71 miles. I exercised 31/31 days. I logged my food intake 31/31 days. I am down a total of 14 pounds now since my 2/1/26 reset. I was "dry-ish" most of the month. We went to Disneyland for a very special little girl's 5th birthday and I enjoyed 5 glasses of cold white wine during meals (it was 90 degrees outside) and I enjoyed a glass of wine by the pool. I had ordered a cocktail that sounded good, but I didn't really care for it, so I did not drink it- if I'm going to spend the calories, I better be liking it! Outside of vacation, I had a few more glasses of wine: one at our monthly "wine dancing" event and two glasses when Robin brought a nice bottle over from her Sonoma Wine club, Anaba and a glass at dinner with a group of friends.
Work has been busy and stressful, every trip just seems to be like pulling teeth sometimes - so as much as I love what I do, I've not been enjoying the process that much this past month but I still managed to hit my monthly goal. It's never over until the very last day of the month. Seriously. I've had a hard time finding time to plan my own trip which is quickly approaching- May will be here FAST!
Disneyland was fun, we had not been there in 5 years- which is hard to believe but we have had other travel priorities and Disney has gotten crazy expensive- it was time well spent with people we adore and Disney is the best when you have child eyes through which to view. Seeing the magic when they met Princesses and Characters, so cool. Kids should not grow up. These times only last for so long. I have to say that I ate relatively well on this trip and had real meals. The only "treat" that I splurged on was the Mickey Ice Cream on a stick- YUM. A favorite - only wish I had had one more. Love Disney churros but when I'd see them, I just was not hungry - that is huge for me.
March brought lots of dancing, which helped with the step count and I walked to/from the Clubhouse for every class that I taught and expanded my walks to take the long way- so averaging between 1.5-2 miles roundtrip. We had glorious weather the majority of March, that helped! I found myself on March 31st needing my steps as the rain that was supposed to happen in the morning decided to come in the evening and last many more hours than predicted and though I wanted to go the clubhouse to the gym to hop on the treadmill, I was not sure my keyscan would work. I ended up dancing in the Dining room to get my steps. No excuses, even at 11pm! (Turns out my keyscan is not working, tested it today and will need to have management help get that fixed for when weather gets in the way)
Of course, I would love to have lost more, but I think 14 pounds in 2 months is a good pace and expect to keep this pace of 5-8 pounds a month. April should be relatively easy, we do have family coming to town for Easter and there will be meals out and yummy extras - like Kimberly's famous buttercream cake! But you need to be able to enjoy those times and bounce back and get back on track, which I will do. Onto a great April....here goes!
No comments:
Post a Comment