I was ON POINT this week. 8 days of staying within my Weight Watcher points. 8 days of "Dry February". 3 days of Starbucks, which is a huge improvement. I don't get a terrible drink- it's a non-fat Latte, iced and sometimes hot but the habit was getting out of hand. I am trying to limit my Starbuck consumption to Nail day, Hair day and maybe one extra during the week.
I walked 6 days this week, 3 of the days were to/from the Clubhouse to teach 90 minutes of line dancing and the other 3 days were 3+miles and it felt wonderful to be out walking again! Sunday was the only day that I didn't walk, but I had 13000 steps from Line Dancing for 3 hours at RPM and figured that was good enough, besides it was time to plop on the couch for Super Bowl.
We did not attend a party this year, in part due to me wanting to stay on point. If I'm at a party with a bunch of junk food or snacky food, I'm going to snack without paying attention to my points. Also, I was multi-tasking while watching the game because I could not have been any less interested in this year's event. It was really tough to see our biggest rival in the Super Bowl at our Stadium and then to win on top of it. Ugh. I though it was bad enough years ago when they beat us on Thanksgiving at home and feasted on the Turducken on our field--this was much worse. Kudos to the Hawks defense, they were stellar and kept NE from scoring for most of the game. It was impressive but I am not happy about it. LOL
The no alcohol was mostly easy this week. I did have a gal pal get together Monday night and that was easy to skip the drinks, I had my water and was perfectly happy. Friday night we went over Robin's house and it would have been nice to have a glass of wine with the pizza but I still did fine with my water. I usually get a cocktail when we go out dancing but skipped that today too and did not miss it. I'm really too busy dancing to nurture a cocktail and I had my Starbucks to keep me busy for an hour+.
I should have an easy week ahead with staying on point. The only obstacle that may enter into the picture is our weather is supposed to turn. But hopefully, I can get out for my walks before the rain hits and even if it hits, as long as it's not pouring rain, I'm Ok to walk out in the rain. We may get some snow next week, so I will just need to play it by ear.
The good news is that I'm down 4.5 pounds on week one and that feels amazing. It's nice to see the efforts pay off. Now to keep on going in the right direction!
Love having company on my weekend walks...and it's good for him too!
No comments:
Post a Comment