Thanksgiving is always a time to reflect and to be Thankful for our blessings. I know that this year for many, trying to find the blessings of 2020 can be difficult. When things are rough, we can find it so easy to focus on the negative and forget to find the positive things, the blessings in our lives. The other day I posed a question on FaceBook, "Say something Positive about 2020", it generated over 80 replies and I have to say that it was a helpful exercise for all involved to find & focus on the positives.
The positives that people listed were varied, but many celebrated things like no traffic, healthy families, covid-free families/friends, being alive, spending more time with family because so much of the "busy" in our lives is temporarily on pause, welcoming new family members of the human or furry variety, slower pace of life, finding new hobbies, being employed and an overwhelming number said the biggest positive of 2020 is that it is almost over! Yes, we are close to the last month of 2020 & I think we will all be thankful when this year is behind us and we can only hope that 2021 starts to resemble a better version of the life that we are all missing.
As much as I have had several pity parties for myself this year, I am thankful that my family is healthy. We have a roof over our heads and food on our table. And wine, we have plenty of wine . 😂😂 I am thankful to be married to my best friend, who is just a really kind, loving, gentle human being who makes me laugh daily. I'm thankful that he's employed and has been working non-stop all year long. I am thankful for the friends who have made an effort to stay connected during these unprecedented times when we all want to stay safe, still live life but also keep the more vulnerable protected. I'm thankful for Zoom, seriously. Making connection possible to many during this crazy year. I'm thankful that we were able to take a much needed vacation to Cabo last month. I am thankful for my dance family & our covid-safe, socially-distanced, masked-up parking lot dance parties that we've had together. Many, many blessings. I am grateful. I am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment