In my last post, which was my first entry to the story of 2015...I reflected on 2014 and talked about the highlights and also focused on the dreaded birthday at the end of this year.....but I'm starting to feel a little better about that. I started to think though about how significant 2015 is for me and that it's going to be a BIG year and I have absolutely nothing to say or do about it...it's going to happen regardless if I embrace it or not.
This month I am celebrating 10 years as owner of Pams Path to Travel. It's so hard to believe that it's been that long since I opened up my own agency. I had no idea how successful I'd be, if I would flip or flop but I had the undying support of my husband (who was just a boyfriend of 6 months at the time)...he assured me that I could do this and he was right. Sometimes all you need is that gentle nudge to go after your dreams. I'm so glad that I did- it still stands as the best business decision I've ever made.
Also on the Travel Career front- this August marks 25 years that I've been in this business...and yes by November that means I've been working the same career industry for 1/2 of my life...unbelievable. However, as the old saying goes if you are doing what you love you never work a day in your life and I do believe that. I don't dread going to work, I love what I do, I love making travel dreams come true for my clients. I take great pride in what I do and I know that I do it well...25 years in the business and 10 years standing alone at my own agency speaks to that.
What I realized today as I was teaching my Saturday back to back classes at the gym, I will also be celebrating 15 years in the fitness industry as a Group Exercise Instructor. If you had ever asked me 20 years ago or told me that I would be doing this for any portion of my life, I would have laughed at you. I am the girl who got a Doctors note in High School to "get out" of running 3 miles for Freshman P.E. Instead I wrote a term paper on the dangers of running on cement. I got an "A". I still hate to run and will never be a runner. Yes, I said it- I will NEVER be a runner. I can walk pretty darn fast and leave smoke behind me when I power walk--that's as close to running as I will get. In my adulthood, I have completed two sprint distance triathlons and did run 3 miles in each of them and I hated every minute of the run! I was out to prove to the world that I could it it, I did and I'm done! But I found my fitness niche with group exercise. I love the pre-choreographed programs that I teach and love the interaction with the members and other fitness instructors. I was walking down memory lane a bit today while cleaning out my office and came across notes and paperwork from a variety of trainings that I went through my first several years while working for 24 hour fitness- many formats that don't even exist anymore. But my love for fitness started with Les Mills BODYPUMP and has grown with the other Les Mills formats that I've taken on in recent years BODYCOMBAT and BODYFLOW - I just wish I was teaching BODYFLOW. When the time is right, it will happen and I have not exactly been pro-active on that endeavor.
Anyway, 2015- a year of many milestones to come: 10 years agency owner, 15 years as fitness instructor, 25 years as Travel Professional and 50 years of living...almost like it's written in the stars to have all of these milestones in the same year! Crazy- if I was still married to my first husband, we would have celebrated 20 years in May...but that is one milestone that I'm thankful to not achieve. He's a friend to this day, but we are much better off without each other in those roles of spouses!
No comments:
Post a Comment