Thursday, September 25, 2014

Four Months- really?

Actually, exactly 4 months ago was my last post...guess I have some catching up to do.  Summer has come and gone...way too quickly.  Weather was not as hot as I prefer it to be, did not get as much sunshine time as I like- but summer has been pretty good for me.

June brought our 8th wedding anniversary and we celebrated in Vegas!  I had my vacation.com conference that overlapped- we had a great 5 nights in Vegas between conference goings on, we also went to see Shania Twain in concert and also Rock of Ages Broadway Show.  We had some wonderful dinners, we danced at Gilley's, spend time with great friends who were also at the conference and spent our Anniversary day poolside in a private Cabana being waited on- it was perfect.   Back from Vegas and full steam ahead to finalize preparations for Bill's surprise 50th birthday party.  It could not have gone over any better.  It was a fabulous evening with the best of friends and family to celebrate someone who we all call a great friend, someone who has made me the happiest woman in the whole wide world for the last 10 years, someone who just deserved to be honored.  I love him to pieces, he did not see it coming and there is no way I could have pulled this off without the help and love from our friends Jonathan & Lisa.  It was a great time for everyone.

July brought Bill's continued birthday celebration on a 3 day cruise to Ensenada with a group of 8 others and we had a GREAT time.  Everyone got along, we had a wonderful 4th of July in Ensenada wine tasting.  The tour was great, the wines were yummy, weather just perfect.  I learned from the tour guide that Ensenada is a very consistent 80 degrees year round.  I felt good on this cruise that I did my walking every day either out on the track or in the gym on the treadmill.  We danced, we enjoyed the sunshine- it was really a nice little getaway.  Finished off the weekend with Sunday Brunch on the Queen Mary with part of our group and that was a great experience.    As for the rest of July- we bid farewell to Candlestick Park with a "Legends of Candlestick" flag football game that was a lot of fun- we spent some time with friends tailgating (OK- drinking) and then met up with my niece Jenifer with her man and adorable daughter, we met up with my ex-inlaw Kerry and her hubby, it was really a great time had by all.   More fun for July included a sister's weekend to Reno for the bingo tournament- we drove because the flights were not good.  But we had a great time, I even won $2000- very quickly too.  I believe the mom gambling mojo has been given to me.

August included two trips to Tahoe- one weekend at the McClymond's place with the family- it was a fun weekend, relaxing, BBQing, Beaching, being entertained by the kids (Brooklyn specifically).  One of my favorite memories of the weekend was waking up Friday morning to the sounds of Brooklyn talking to Bill out on the Balcony.  I peeked through the window blinds to see her on his lap looking at him and fully engaged in conversation.  She LOVES him so, so much.  It just confirms to me every time that he is such a good man.  Kids KNOW these things and she just gravitates to him.  It was a great weekend with the best of friends.   The following weekend it was time for Michael to come home for his 21st birthday- I think I was the most excited about this.  He arrived on his birthday around 10pm- Bill & I were at a concert (Kool & the Gang at Mt Winery- which was AWESOME, by the way) and once we got home I had Bundtini cakes & candles to sing to the boy.  The next day we all left for Tahoe and celebrated this special birthday.  Again, another perfect weekend- this time with family- we spent time together and time apart doing out own things.  Bill & I went for a great 6 mile walk- a lot of reminiscing for me, reflecting on all the family vacations of years past with my mom & dad- now just memories, but it felt good to get out there and be active.  We had some pool time, we took a day and took the gondola up to Heavenly and then hiked up to the top- it was a beautiful hike and day.  Overall, a fabulous weekend with family.    Finished off August with a wedding for one of my Gym friends & a new car purchase for Bill.  It's amazing his Nissan Sentra lasted 9 years and 230K miles!

September- well it's almost over.  Labor Day we celebrated Lisa's birthday and it was a great BBQ/Pool day with the people who mean the most to her...fun day and gorgeous weather.  Way too much food, said no Italian hostess ever!   Had a very fun Girl's Day Out to celebrate Janet's upcoming wedding with lunch, movie and then rolled it into Girl's Night out to celebrate Diane's birthday-  SO.MUCH.FUN!   It was a great, great day and evening, lots of fun!   More baseball (hunt for Orange October), some football, some sunshine/pool time at Casa M&M and then this past weekend Janet & Scott's wedding.  An event that I've been waiting for because these two are so meant to be together.  It's a fairy tale story, two people who found each other in a world of so many lost souls.  They belong together and it was so heart-warming to see my beautiful friend marry her soulmate.  Just a great day and I find myself constantly reviewing the pictures, just awesome, beautiful day.

Now although the summer and up until now has been pretty awesome overall, there have been several sad things...I've had a friend lose her mom, I've had a friend lose her dad and I also had a friend lose her beloved boy kitty.  To make things even worse, I was "cat-sitting" for said kitty to come and find him passed away brought back memories of when we came home to find Spaz.  I just felt so bad.  Such a good kitty, but I know he's in a good place.  This year continues to bring so much heartache to people that I love.  I can't even keep track anymore- but I think it's something like 7 deceased parents this year...I am more than ready for 2015 in this regard, just hope this heartache does not continue, but I fear that with age I'm going to have to get used to this.

Weight loss journey is coming along- as of last Friday, I have lost 20 pounds since May 2nd.  I have slowed down these past two weeks- in large part due to injury- I took a spill after the 49er game and fell very hard on my leg- my knee is a bit angry with me, the road rash is finally healing enough where I can do workout things- I taught BODYCOMBAT & BODYPUMP last night and it felt good to MOVE!  I am hoping to get out walking tomorrow, but we are expecting RAIN, not sure how much we'll get, so might try to get in a few miles.  See how the knee fares.  I do know that the weight loss progress slows down when I am not active- I need to work out.  Doesn't matter how good I am with diet, I need both!

Still Missing my mom...EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.  But I don't expect that to ever change. It's becoming part of the norm.  To think she's been gone for 8 months already is a bit surreal.   I do believe that I have some of her very best parts in me and when I see those similarities, it makes me smile.   I know she's in a good place, I know she's not in any pain and I know she is in good company.  This year there have been so many additions to Heaven, both personally known people and some comedic relief with Robin Williams and Joan Rivers.  Our beloved in heaven are being very entertained, I'm sure.

3, 2 , 1 - yep that is as quick as the rest of the year will go- 3 more months, then poof - 2015!   Trying to get the Holiday shopping done, looking forward to our trip to Hawaii in November and very much excited for our trip to Disneyland in December with the Godkids.  They have no idea, they are going to be so surprised, I can't wait!   Lots still to look forward to for the rest of 2014...going to make the best of it!


No comments: