The journey begins again!
I am quickly approaching 5 years of blissful Marriage to the most wonderful man in the world and although it has not happened specifically like this- I can say that I have gained 10 pounds per year...most of it in the last two years and I truly believe that a good portion of the last two years has been due to hormonal things - but at this point, it doesn't matter now how I got here, what matters is what am I going to do about it.
I have been toying with the idea of going back to Weight Watchers- after all, it is the program that helped me to lose 50+ pounds 11 years ago and at that time I was not very active. Well, even though I am a part-time fitness professional now, I am not teaching anywhere near the number of classes that I was 4-5 years ago and I know that is partly to blame for the poundage because I have not been making a good enough effort to put in time at the gym for "me" outside of my teaching hours.
Today I woke up early (7am), which is out of the ordinary for me on a Friday and I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting in years. They have a new points program and calories are non-consequential - it's all about fat, fiber, protein and carbs and finding the right balance of those nutrients - not all calories are created equal! I need to embrace this program because I think it can really help me and I think that I can once again lose 40 pounds in 5 months- which is my primary goal. I am going to step up my workouts and my goal is to get in 10 hours of activity in a week- that means an hour each day and 3 days toss in an extra hour- I am going to find balance so that I am getting cardio, yoga and strength training.
I am realizing that I am on the brink of revitalizing my fitness career. I have been stagnant for awhile- and I am sure much of that is due to my self-image and not feeling like a visual role model. I don't think I need to be a twig like so many fitness profesionals- but I need to look healthy and I don't feel that way right now and I don't look it. I am very excited that I have just been offered my own Body Pump class starting 5/25 in Palo Alto. This has been something that I have been striving for for years now and had just about given up and figured that I would just be happy subbing my most favorite class - well guess what now I get to teach this class once a week!! I am also schedule for the Launch of Body Pump 78 to teach two tracks in July with a team of instructors!!! I am psyched!
12-15 years ago I blamed stretch pants and leggings for allowing me to deceive myself about my weight gain...today we have so many "stretch" fabrics- I mean almost every brand of jeans now has a stretch element to them- that is really wrong! It's like clothing manufactures are working to keep America fat! (Big Surprise- I suppose any corporate entity is ok with keeping America fat if it helps the bottom line)
Anyway, I have to say that seeing all of my Les Mills friends who are always posting things about the programs on Facebook and seeing one of my new friends (Kristy), who is also a new instructor and all of her excitement, reminds me of me when I was new to the industry and I want that excitement back again, I want that feeling back again! I know it's there for the taking- I just have to do the work and then take it!
I'm back!!!!!
2 comments:
You Go Girl!!! I know you can do it cause I was there when you did it before!!! Enjoy this new journey and enjoy your new goals. So excited to be here to watch you achieve them!! Always here for you!! xoxo Bobby Jo
You Go Girl! I know you can do it because I was there before when you did it!! Enjoy the journey and enjoy achieving the goals you have set. Excited to be here and watch your progress. You will love the new WW plan--it's awesome!! xoxo Bobby Jo
Post a Comment