May ~ how did it get to be May already!! Well, I really am not liking 2010 much still. I mean as far as my life is going- I have a wonderful husband, we have a pretty great life together. We get to dine out, go dancing, go on great vacations, we have some pretty amazing friends and family. But there has been so much doom and gloom in the lives of people around us that I find it hard to be happy with my life. I can best relate this to when the economy took a nosedive two years ago, people with money weren't traveling because they didn't want to flaunt that they had money to travel ~ when the public needed them to spend and stimulate the economy. I kind of feel the same, hard to be happy and "show happiness" when so many people I know and love are having issues.
Some are having financial issues- business not going well, homes close to foreclosing, etc. Some are having relationship problems, some experiencing a lot of loss. I can't remember the last time I knew of so many people losing a loved one or loved furry child. It's just really been too much this year. So I continue to pray for all my friends and family who are experiencing pain and hardship and try to be happy without flaunting it.
My biggest area of unhappiness is really with my body..and lack of weight loss. Been at the same plateau of a 5 pound window for at least a year now and I go between wanting to do something about it and saying "the hell with it". I know I am healthy, but I know I can be healthier and stronger and leaner...I've been there, I know I can go there again. I'm just not sure why I'm not making it happen.
As for things that I've mentioned before..still now progress on the Body Pump job front..and beginning to think I will forever be a sub for my most favorite and very first format that I teach. My "sub" job for Zumba got cut short- I just wasn't a good fit for the class and I knew it after two weeks. I actually told the director if she has someone more suited to the class, I would not be offended- I was actually relieved. I have successfully had people in my evening Zumba class though now for 4 weeks!! Averaging 5 people in class- which is great for this facility! You need to have an average of 3 per week for the class to remain on the schedule! YAY! The Line Dance class that I was teaching never took off at this club - so that is done, but I begin a new class at a different facility- so we will see how that works out.
The past month has been filled with a lot of HOA drama and I really can't wait until elections so that I can take a break from this crap!! Such an ungrateful job this is and there are always those people who just like to cause trouble and make your life miserable.
I am finding lately that I just do not have tolerance for negative people in my life. Slowly I am weeding these people out of my life. It's actually very empowering and maybe even mean for me to detach from negative people- but I just don't want or need people trying to bring me down.
Not much else to report at this time. May- wow, still can't believe it is May already- before we know it, the holidays will be upon us once again!
No comments:
Post a Comment