This is a blog about Pam Harper Horst- my life, my interests, my career, my travels and my weight loss journey.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Here I am sitting, watching election coverage and wondering- what next? I did not vote for Barack Obama, even though I knew that he would win. I really was all for McCain until he chose Sarah Palin for his running mate. I was one of the undecided people until 7am this morning...it came down to which candidate proclaims the same values that I hold dear- not who could promise me this or that. I think many Americans who might have voted for McCain held the same reservation that I did- what happens if he dies and we're stuck with President Palin? I really believe that was a huge mistake for the McCain campaign. I do think Obama ran a pretty good campaign overall- and he won the American people by promising change- well what Presidential candidate doesn't promise change? I have been reading over comments on Obama's myspace page and various interviews and I really think Obama won because so many Americans are desperate to be saved. The economy sucks and many people are losing their homes, jobs, etc. and thought Obama would be able to save them ~ I wonder how they will feel 6 months from now when change has not happened. It won't happen over night and I think many people expect to see immediate change, it's not going to happen. I'm not saying that Mc Cain coud have made immediate change- nobody can, but I think many of the American people are a bit dillusional that Obama can come through with all he has promised.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment